Hippodrome Casino is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect, use and store personal information about you during and after your business relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (GDPR).
Hippodrome Casino is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use and store personal information about you. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal information.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with all relevant data protection law (including the GDPR). This requires that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, whether directly or indirectly. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are also “special categories” of sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
* Personal contact details such as name, title, address, telephone numbers, personal/business email addresses and IP address.
* Payment card information when you purchase our products or services, which is administered by third parties.
* CCTV footage.
* Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of sensitive personal information:
* Information about your race or ethnicity.
* Information about criminal convictions and offences.
* Health information
* Biometric information.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We typically collect personal information about you through our customer registration forms, booking systems, tournament entries, playing activity and cookies via the websites. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including data providers.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
2. Where we need to process the orders that you have placed with us
3. Where we need to administer your account with us.
4. Where we seek your views on the products and services that we provide.
5. Where we need to notify you of changes to our products and services.
6. Where we send you information about other products or services that you have specifically requested from us.
7. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
8. We may need to process a job application or respond to an enquiry about a possible job with us.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
1. Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
2. Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
SITUATIONS IN WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need all the categories of information detailed in the list above primarily to allow us to perform our contract with you and to enable us to comply with legal and regulatory obligations. In some cases we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below.
* Administering the contract we have entered into with you and providing our products and services to you
* Business management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
* Making arrangements for the termination of our contracting relationship.
* Dealing with legal disputes involving you, or any disputes that may arise under the contract that we have with you or the way in which we provide our products and services to you.
* To prevent fraud
* For anti-money laundering purposes
* For purposes that promote responsible gambling.
* To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
* To conduct data analytics studies to review and better understand customer engagement, retention and attrition rates.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you fail to provide certain personal information when requested by us, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing you with our services or guarantees), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as financial and tax reporting and insurance maintenance).
CHOICES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the work we do and our exciting products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated [on the forms on which we collect your information]. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: [email protected] or write to us at Hippodrome Casino, Cranbourn Street, Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7JH.